I'm almost done with my rewrite of the scene where my antagonist/villain meets with my male protagonist and tries to hook him in. I'm fighting a cold and the revision isn't going as fast as I'd like. But it's getting there.
In this the principle of "killing your darlings" is really coming into play. Now that I've made my villain less obvious, my female MC can no longer lash out with some zingers she used against him in the previous version. Those lines I've had to delete, or rather, I've sent them into cyber exile. In fact, now she doesn't have any one thing she can put her finger on when trying to convince the hero not to accept the antagonist's business proposition; it's more a lot of different things put together. It's hard work replacing those chunks of dialogue while maintaining the arc of the scene. Which is why I'm fooling around here instead of pushing through and getting the rewrite done.
I think it's helped believability, putting part of the chapter in the male protag's point of view. But it has sure increased the word count. Bleh.